Monday, June 14, 2010

Destiny

So many of us are always looking for the perfect moment where we find the job that reflects our right livelihood, meet our soul mate, buy the perfect home, etc. Maybe, each moment is right and perfect. Once in awhile I will be walking and think to myself, “What if this is the moment that my whole life has been leading up to? Here. Now, as I walk up this hill on the way to the grocery store.” Suddenly colors seem brighter. I notice the sounds of the birds. I am conscious of my posture and my breath. The moment becomes sacred.

Speak up, destiny, speak up! Destiny always seems decades away, but suddenly it’s not decades away; it’s right now. But maybe destiny is always right now, right here, right this very instant, maybe.

Walter M. Miller, A Canticle for Leibowitz

No comments: