Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chinese New Year

Some people have their “This is the year I am going to lose ten pounds,” or “This is the year I am going to finally quit smoking.” I, on the other hand, have my “This is the year I am going to finally master heel kicks.” I have been taking Tai Chi Chuan Yang Style with the same instructor on and off for about eight years. Each September we begin by learning the first postures of the (long) form, gradually adding new postures each week until we finish the form in spring. This week, we once again start learning the kicks. Oh, I know how they are supposed to go. My body just doesn’t seem to want to move that way. Why do I doubt that the Sunday paper is going to be filled with advertisements offering to help me? “This could be the year you kick the not kicking habit.” ???

No comments: