Friday, September 11, 2009

A Bookfilled Journey

Life presents us with all sorts of marvelous opportunities for journeys. In recent years I had become concerned that I was reading too many self-help books. I rarely read fiction. When my aunt went into assisted living I began to send her books, mostly novels, but I was somewhat concerned about what I was sending her. For good reason!! I didn’t know they could print some of this stuff without a warning on the cover!! One of the benefits of my reading books before I gave them to my aunt was finding the works of Alexander McCall Smith and other wonderful authors.

So, when I made my New Year’s resolutions for 2009, I decided that I would read at least 52 novels. In February I added to that resolution that I would also read at least one author for each letter of the alphabet. As I have finished each book, I have listed the title and the author in my small notebook. Not only have I been reading books this year. I have also been exploring the imaginations of over 26 authors.

No comments: